500,000 Patients: Florida Medical Marijuana Program Reaches Major Milestone
The Florida Medical Marijuana program has reached a big milestone after just five years. There are now over 500,000 Floridians who are actively registered as Medical Marijuana Patients throughout the state.
DocMJ is proud to care for over 75,000 of those patients and help them find relief from a variety of chronic health conditions in an alternative and natural way.
Since 2016 it has been our goal to provide accessible and hassle-free appointments to Floridians who want to manage their symptoms by using medical cannabis. Our patients have decreased their usage of opioids and other prescription medications, tolerated chemotherapy and radiation therapy, lost weight, curbed anxiety, and have been able to live a better quality of life thanks to our team of compassionate physicians.
Medical Marijuana in Florida, as well as throughout the nation, is continuing to grow with more and more people realizing its benefits daily. In a July 2019 Gallup poll, 12% of U.S. adults said they smoke marijuana. In 2020, nationwide cannabis sales increased 67%, even during a pandemic. Support for legalizing marijuana is at an all-time high of 68% and the U.S cannabis industry is worth $61 billion.
With more and more research surfacing on the medical benefits of marijuana, this industry will continue to grow and develop. It is positively impacting the lives of millions of people and it could even help you!
In order to qualify for a medical marijuana card in Florida, a patient must:
- Be a permanent or seasonal Florida resident
- Be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition by a qualified physician
- Be entered into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry
- Obtain a Medical Marijuana Use Registry Identification Card
The following are the health conditions that have been approved for a medical marijuana recommendation:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to the others listed.
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification.
- Chronic nonmalignant pain caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition.
Dispensaries in Florida, which are legally referred to as a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center (MMTC), have a variety of products and intake methods to help fit everyone’s individual needs. Qualified patients have access to cannabis flower, vape cartridges, concentrates, sublingual oils, topicals, capsules, and many more. These products are dispensed and logged through the Florida Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMUR), which is also where qualified patients apply for their Florida Medical Marijuana Card.
If you are a Florida resident and are ready to change your life for the better with medical marijuana, take this survey to see if you might be eligible. If you have been diagnosed with one of the above mentioned conditions, book a risk-free appointment with one of our state-certified Florida Medical Marijuana Physicians.