Strain Feature: Zskittlez (Florida Medical Marijuana)
More than half a million Floridians have become qualified medical marijuana patients in order to help manage the symptoms from a variety of approved health conditions. Statewide, DocMJ is providing services to those looking to use medical marijuana, also referred to as “cannabis” or “weed,” to find the relief they are looking for.
Our staff of qualified Medical Marijuana Doctors are conveniently located throughout the state to provide hassle-free appointments to get a Florida Medical Marijuana Card. Once approved by the Office of Medical Marijuana Use, patients can legally purchase and use medical cannabis products. From transdermal patches to capsules to whole flowers there are options available for everyone’s individual needs.
In addition to different methods of administration, there are a variety of cultivars, also known as “strains,” available for qualified patients to try that provide unique effects to more specifically find the relief you are looking for. For example, the strain Zskittlez is a great option for providing pain and anxiety relief. Read below to find more information on this strain.
How To Find It
If you are interested in trying out Zskittlez and you are a qualified medical marijuana patient in Florida, you can find it in a few different Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers (MMTCs). The following MMTC’s have Zskittlez products available for purchase:
- The Flowery: Zskittlez Whole Flower. Zskittlez Juniors, Zskittlez Pre-Rolls.
- Trulieve: Zskittlez TruFlower, Zkittles Vape Cartridge.
The strain Zskittlez was developed by 3rd Gen Family and Terp Hogz by crossing the strains Grape God x Grapefruit.
Typically, the Zskittlez strain is not one that produces high levels of THC. The percentage of THC tends to be between 15%-20%.
Each phenotype of Zskittlez will have a different appearance. The indica leaning plant usually produces thick and chunky flowers in a variety of different greens and purples. It has vibrant amber pistils (or hairs) throughout it and is coated in cloudy white trichomes.
The smell of the flower is usually very unique as long as it is cured correctly. The curing process occurs after the plants are chopped down for harvest to dry out the flowers. During this time, the terpene profile develops even more creating the strong smell and taste of strains.
Zkittlez offers a mixture of aromas and flavors that stands out in comparison to other popular strains. When properly cured, the flowers give off a sweet and sour smell, combining berry and citrus with a lingering skunky tang.
When used in a joint or glass pipe, the burned flowers will produce a smooth and easily-inhaled smoke. The taste is fruity and grape-like on the exhale that has a crisp tropical aftertaste that lingers long after it is smoked.
Terpenes are the essential oils produced by many different species of plants – including cannabis! Each strain of cannabis has a unique terpene profile that interacts with the plants cannabinoids and flavonoids to produce the strain specific effects.
The main three terpenes present in Zskittlez are:
- Beta-Caryophyllene: Caryophyllene gives off a spicy peppery scent and can be found in black pepper, basil, rosemary, and oregano. This is the only terpene that binds to cannabinoid receptors making it a potent analgesic and anxiolytic agent. Recent research has also demonstrated its potential to treat alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
- Humulene: Humulene is a fairly common terpene that is responsible for giving the plant its distinct spicy, herbaceous, and subtly floral bouquet of aromas. Research has proven it to be an effective anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and appetite suppressant.
- Linalool: This terpene smells of lavender and offers many benefits such as being an analgesic, anxiolytic, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, anti-epileptic,, antipsychotic, and a potential sedative.
Due to each persons unique endocannabinoid system (ECS), the effects of Zskittlez will be different for everyone. Since it has the tendency to act fast and strong, it might not be the best idea for a new consumer to try this strain. Typically, Zskittlez provides a range of effects that span from happy to focused and at peace.
Users usually feel the effects in a cerebral buzz at first then are met with a calming high that leaves them focused, alert, happy, and relaxed. Because of its effects, Zskittlez is typically best for end of the day sessions.
The following can be expected after using Zskittlez products:
- Dry Eyes
- Dry Mouth
While each patient will react to Zskittlez differently, it can have a few applications for medical purposes. The strain’s initial focused mental properties can help those suffering from attention deficit disorders. As relaxation takes over the body, this strain can temporarily soothe the symptoms of stress, depression, and anxiety.
Relief from both chronic pain and minor, everyday irritation can also be expected when using this strain. Zkittlez can cause an increase in appetite, potentially helping those who have lost their hunger to disease or to treatments like chemotherapy. Those who are prone to panic or who have a low tolerance to THC should consume Zskittlez with caution.
Getting a Florida Medical Marijuana Card
To be able to legally purchase and use Zskittlez products in Florida, you must first have been approved for a Medical Marijuana Card. Per state guidelines, the following requirements must be met in order to be approved by Florida’s Office of Medical Marijuana Use:
A Qualified Patient Must:
- Be a permanent or seasonal Florida resident
- Be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition by a qualified physician
- Be entered into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry
- Obtain a Medical Marijuana Use Registry Identification Card
Qualifying Medical Conditions:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification.
- Chronic nonmalignant pain caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition.
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to the others listed.
The last two bullets under Qualifying Conditions leave room for a qualified physician to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for medical marijauna in Florida. If you are still unsure if you qualify for your Florida medical marijuana card, this survey will tell you if you could be eligible.
In order to begin your medical cannabis journey, book a risk-free appointment with a qualified Florida Medical Marijuana Physician. During this visit you are able to go over any further questions you may have about the process, marijuana, and how to effectively use it as medicine. If it is determined at the conclusion of your appointment that you do not qualify per state guidelines, you will be issued a full refund.